Monday, January 3, 2011

And so it begins...

I feel like I'm taking a huge risk here, but without risk there's no reward, so what the hell, right?

In speaking to my friend Kate about my New Year's resolutions, I came up with this brilliant-beyond-brilliant plan. Okay, maybe it's been done before (my friend DV said that Sarah Rue did this as well. I had no clue) but I've never done it, so now it's MY new brilliant plan. So, you're probably asking yourself what my BRILLIANT plan is, right? No? Okay, I'm gonna tell you anyway.

I've had this constant struggle with my weight since I was in my late teens. So much so, that I went through a period where I did lose the weight, but in the least healthiest manner. Then I stopped trying completely. Now though, I've decided to get back on the wagon and really give it a go! No diet pills, no starving myself, just plain ole' eating healthy and working out. I'm starting this program (that I've done in the past which has actually worked) called Slim in 6. Even though it has worked for me before, once I'd see some results, I'd stop.

So why is this time gonna be different? Because I'm putting myself out there for whoever is reading this. I will be posting videos and pictures of what I look like, along with weight and measurements on a weekly basis for all of you to follow my progress, or lack there of.

This is absolutely terrifying and I'm probably opening myself up to negative, as well as I hope positive, comments, but what the hell.  I figure if you saw me on 'Eastbound and Down', then you've already seen me naked, so this should be a walk in the park…I think.

Lizzy, hoping for the best =)

Starting weight: 185
Bust: 43 in
Waist: 38 in
Hips: 41 1/2 in
Arm (R): 12
Arm (L): 12
Thigh (R): 22
Thigh (L): 22

I'll be using the Slim in 6 program and to jump start my weight loss and new eating habits I'll be doing their 6 Day express diet plan (#2).  I'm doing 20 minutes of cardio in the morning before breakfast and my intense workout later in the day. What I love about this program is that it helps build your endurance for when you get to Burn it Up, which really kicks your ass. (Slim in 6 works in 3 stages: Start it up, Ramp it up and Burn it up. All done in a 6 weeks period. No I'm not getting paid by Beach Body to promote them, I've used it in the past and it's worked, I just never did it consistently enough to keep the weight off once I starting loosing the weight.)











No comments:

Post a Comment