Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Obsessive Much?

Obsessive Much? 
After a week of working out and doing the 6 day express diet, I wanted to update you all on my current stats:
Weight:  180     -5 
Bust:  42 1/1     -1/2
Waist:  37 1/2   -1/2
Hips:  41 1/2     SAME
Arm (R):  12      SAME
Arm (L):  12      SAME
Thigh (R):  22   SAME
Thigh (L):  22    SAME
Overall I think I did pretty good on my first week. Obviously, a part of me wishes I could have lost a pound a day so I could have been 7 lbs. lighter, but what the hell right? I lost some weight so that’s good! 
My day went well. I got up before my alarm went off, drank my glass of water, did my cardio, then ate breakfast. I even convinced my sister to go grocery shopping with me after I watched ‘The Missing’ starring Cate Blanchet and Tommy Lee Jones- which was honestly pretty great! 
After the movie ended, I quickly ate my AM Snack then got ready to go run errands. I hadn’t anticipated it taking as long as it did, so I ended up missing my lunch and PM Snack. I’ll confess, I was a little frustrated with myself because it shouldn’t be so hard to keep a “simple” schedule, however it is somewhat the opposite I’m afraid. My sister and I rushed home around 5:45pm which allowed me to have a quick snack, shower, and get ready in time to meet with my friend for dinner. 
We met up at Pitfire Pizza and it was pretty good! I really enjoyed their grilled steak salad and LOVED their cucumber mint lemonade. I will say that for like a second I was tempted to order pizza and have a glass of wine but I was able to contain my inner cravings. However, my friend and I did have a conversation about how I shouldn’t be so hard on myself if I miss a snack or meal at a certain time. (I guess I was still stressing about what happened earlier) Though she did have a point in regards to this diet being a little unrealistic, especially when I go back to work. Even though I’m still very much motivated and committed, I shouldn’t beat myself up if I don’t wake up on time or have a meal when I’m suppose to. Or is this the discipline I truly need?
Unfortunately, I have a tendency to become a bit obsessive when it comes to losing weight so it makes sense that I’m second guessing myself at this point . So aside from the fact that I wanted to share my struggle and journey with anyone who would listen, THAT is why I started this blog. Sometimes I just need someone to shake/slap me to snap me out of the tunnel vision I tend to have when it comes to this. 
I want to lose weight but I don’t want to lose myself in the process. So if I ever sound a little crazy in my ramblings- please feel free to give me a virtual kick in the ass. =) 
Sometimes obsessive but yet lovable Lizzy 
check out this weeks pix and vid: 








3 comments:

  1. You're SUPER brave to put this out there for the world and -5 pounds in a week is awesome! Just be careful, as avg is around -2/wk. Annoyingly slow since we can seem to put on 2 pounds in one day, but, it-is-what-it-is. We all can obsess, especially about weight. The fact that you can recognize it is a good sign and healthy. Speaking of healthy, trying to be fit is a good lifestyle choice, but you're right, don't lose yourself. Fit does not need to equal boring food and no fun. That's why God invented working out and kettlebells. Yes, I'm convinced of it. God made kettlebells, so I can have tequila, whiskey and french fries when I need to. ;-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! =)

    I was hoping to lose a pound a day but I think unless I'm working out 5 hours a day that probably won't happen.

    I've been trying to make good choices when eating but I kinda went insane this weekend. A few friends told me that could happen if I restricted myself too much. So I'm gonna try a different approach this week.

    Haha yes he did! Yeah, I can't imagine not drinking LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, right?! It seems to go on so much quicker than it comes off. It WILL come off, though. I feel like I went insane (on and off) for about 4-6 weeks. Ummm...whoops. Stupid holidays. I'm back on track now, though. Not to say I don't have treats or cheat days (they're just not everyday). This is way tedious, but when I feel like I need to reign myself in, I journal what I eat. It can help. It's all about what works for YOU, though. I'm a competitor too, so it helps me to factor that into the mix. Last year I did an 8-week challenge with friends with a $100 buy-in. I also started doing more races, et al. I can't believe what I do now compared to the lousy shape I was in 1.5 years ago.

    Anyhow, I think we've learned a lot here. God = kettlbells = whiskey and tequila. Psssshhhh - who needs theology and physiology? We've got it figured.

    P.S. We've got some mutual pals -- which is how I saw your tweets and blog. They've got the medicine that everybody wants;-) 2/5/10 up here by the bay. CAN'T WAIT!

    ReplyDelete