Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Change Is Gonna Come


Last night I was watching this new show on MTV called "I Used to be Fat'". It chronicles the weight loss of young adults who have been struggling with their weight. This one particular girl last night, Marcie, was able to lose 90 pounds in 89 days. Which is totally AMAZING!! It gives me hope that I can do the same as long as I keep working hard. 

Obviously for my height and body type 90 pounds would be way too much so I'm looking to lose 50-60 pounds. Ideally I'd like to weigh between 125-135, but I know it won't be easy. I started thinking after I finished watching the show that if I wanted to lose that amount of weight by April, I really had to commit. 

There's actually something to this 6 day express diet that I'm on. The trainer on the show was saying that you have to constantly keep fueling your body with protein, which helps you gain muscle and burn fat, and he recommended for Marcie to eat 5 meals a day and workout every single day. No days off what so ever. The program that I'm on right now recommends you workout 6 days a week and take your 7th day off, which works great! But if I want to meet my target weight, I'm gonna have to go into overdrive and work on the seventh day regardless. 

So I made the decision that I'm going to commit to working out every single day. Six days out of the week I'll do the Slim in 6, but I'll also add cardio and some other form of exercise (perhaps dancing) on Sundays.  When it comes to going out with friends however, I'm gonna have to make better choices on what I eat. My plan, seeing I don't go out all that much anyway, is that I'll ask my friends to go to restaurants that are known for providing healthy meals so I can keep to my dieting goals. And this won't be hard because I live in Los Angeles, so most menus include a high protein/weight watchers diet!

This is not gonna be easy, especially since I've eaten the opposite of healthy my whole life. I just know that in order to achieve my goal and maintain it, my lifestyle has to change. But this doesn't mean I'm going to give up the things that I like either. They recommend you never give up your favorites, just have them in moderation. I know, it sounds so simple, but saying it and doing it are two completely different things. So I don't know, I'll most likely have my days where I'll falter and make bad choices, but I'll always have the next day to make it up and ultimately do better. 

Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. Unless they are starting out at 300+ pounds, I don't see how anybody can lose 90 pounds in 90 days without a professional trainer, a nutritionist, and a doctor's supervision, so while that's an admirable feat, I hope you are not holding yourself to such a standard. As I get closer to my goal, (10 pounds) I feel like I literally have to starve myself and work out six hours a week to lose five pounds. :(

    A brisk walk with an audiobook could be your seventh day activity. Mentally stimulating, not stressful, and still doing some good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @marikology She definitely had a trainer but I'm not sure about the rest. It looked like he gave her a diet plan and she worked out every day but that's about it.

    No definitely not holding myself to that standard but it brought me to the realization that I definitely needed to work a little harder than I originally planned to. I want to lose the weight in a healthy manner but I had also given myself the goal to lose a certain amount of weight by April. I just know that I'll have to push myself harder to meet that goal.

    Ooh audiobook is a good idea and it helps with one of my resolutions for this year actually. I said I wanted to read more, so that counts right?

    ReplyDelete