Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today (Technically yesterday now) was so much better...

Well, sort of. I didn't get enough sleep, which was partly my fault but MOSTLY my sisters.  I didn't get to bed till 1am because I was up watching "Live to Dance" and while it's no "So You Think You Can Dance", I still enjoyed it. Did you guys see those two little 10 year olds dance the latin ballroom routine and that 11 year old girl who was freaking AMAZING? I was floored by those kids! They are crazy freaking talented! 

Anywho, I laid down at 1am and didn't manage to fall asleep till about 1:45am- like I mentioned before, my brain just wouldn't shut down. (Even though I had some chamomile tea!) So I finally get to sleep and my sister, love her to pieces but still want to kick her, wakes me up to ask if I can set my alarm to wake her up for work at 7am. She has a problem with waking up on her own so I obliged, even though I didn't really want to. And this is what being nice gets me- I wake up to every single alert and alarm that's meant to get my sister up while she sleeps though it!  When she finally gets up I try to close my eyes and go back to bed but she starts making all these noises while she gets ready and it's just impossible to sleep. 

When she leaves I get a feeling of relief and close my eyes again only to hear my phone ring a second later. I'm like, "WTF?"  I answer anyway and find it's my "too perky for being up so freaking early" friend. I ask her kindly to call me back in 9 minutes, which was cool, because she totally understood. I know what you're thinking, "Why 9 minutes?" Well I'll explain… I've had a fascination with that number since The X-Files so it's been a recurring and significant number in my life. Ok, moving on. 

So I actually wake up  9 minutes later, which is amazing, and I start my day. Despite the lack of sleep, I was full of energy and ready to workout and eat my scheduled meals. And then it hit me. MY lack of sleep caught up with me and I got really tired. But a little nap never hurt anyone, right? I had at least  an hour before I had to eat my AM snack so I took the damn nap- but I didn't wake up. I had to catch that snack at 12:30, my diet depends on it, and I didn't wake up till 1:15!

So now I'm feeling guilty and thinking that my day had gone completely to shit. I felt, "Why even do it? Why continue if I can't follow one simple plan for the next 6 days?" I stressed a bit but then decided there was nothing to do but do better tomorrow. I went along the rest of the day as scheduled, made my doctor's appointment, and despite what I thought had turned out to be a horrible day, I lost 5 pounds since Monday!!! Isn't that crazy?? I literally lit up, I was floored! So now I'm even more motivated to continue this, even if I just lost some water weight, I don't care, it's 5 POUNDS!!!! 

Okay off to bed now and yes I know it's almost 2am, I suck at going to bed early. Till tomorrow =) 

Optimistic and newly determined Lizzy 


3 comments:

  1. My perkiness got ya up 9 minutes later. :P
    YAY on your 5 lbs. lost! Whether it's one or five, big props for committing and not giving up. ;) You falter a bit, it's ok, just move on and continue doing your best. So, right attitude. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL 9 minutes!!! keep it up girl!!! yay for healthy resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Karen LOL true and as a Phile, I THANK YOU!! I know right! I was totally shocked but elated. I'm kinda looking forward to my weigh in. :D

    @Phoenix Corner Hehe fellow Phile YAY!!! Thank you! I'm trying my hardest to stay committed to this year's resolutions. =)

    ReplyDelete